Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation offers a variety of entertaining events throughout the year. Contact the Recreation Event Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 420-5273.
Coming up next . . . Food Trucks on September 29th!
Join us for the 2017 Food Truck finale in San Lorenzo Park - Friday, September 29th, 5:00 - 8:00 pm (in the Benchlands, the lower part of the park by the River).
- Theme is Star Wars! Dress as your favorite Star Wars character and enter a chance to win prizes -- plus there will be contests for the most authentic Star Wars costume & best Chewbacca sound!
- Featured local brewery is Corralitos Brewing Company and local winery is Storrs Winery.
- Bring lawn chairs, sabers & blankets and spread out on the green grass and open space!
- Meet your friends for a fun & relaxing night in the Park. Great for families -- bring your dogs & ewoks!
- Presented by the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation department, Friends of Parks and Recreation (FOPAR) and Food Trucks A Go Go.
- MAY THE FORKS BE WITH YOU!
Special Events Permits
Looking for permit information for large, public events? Please visit the City Manager's Special Event Permits page.
Surf Statue 25th Anniversary
Join us Saturday May 27 - 12:00 pm
- Date: 05/27/2017 (all day)
12:00 pm - Welcome and History of the Surf Statue
12:30 pm - Toast
12:45 pm - Paddle Out
The City and the Santa Cruz Surfing Club Preservation Society will honor the rich and powerful history of surfing in Santa Cruz by inviting the community to an event to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Surf Statue. Learn about the history of the Surf Statue and meet the passionate community members who made its installation possible. Refreshments provided.
Santa Cruz has enjoyed creatively dressing the Surf Statue over the past 25 years. Have a fun photo of the Surf Statue? Email to email@example.com! Photos will be on display at the event.