Volunteer Clean Up at Sycamore Grove
- Date: 12/08/2018 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Introduction: Volunteers are needed to help clean Sycamore Grove!
The Sycamore Grove Clean-Up Project aims to restore an area of public land along the San Lorenzo River near Highway 9. Restoring this sensitive riparian habitat will improve water quality in the river, benefitting wildlife. In addition, Sycamore Grove is directly upstream from intakes for the Santa Cruz Water Department drinking water treatment plant. Restoring the area will also improve drinking water quality for City of Santa Cruz residents.
Under the guidance of Santa Cruz Park Rangers, volunteers will be picking up trash and removing it from the area. Gloves, trash grab-sticks and trash bags will be provided. The terrain is mostly flat but can be steep in some areas.
On the day of the event:
- Wear clothing appropriate for a day of outdoor work: long pants, boots (absolutely no open-toed shoes), long sleeves, hat
- Bring your own re-usable water bottle, water will be provided
- Light refreshments will be provided
- Please carpool when possible
Meeting location: Sycamore Grove pullout along Highway 9, about a ½ mile north of the Santa Cruz Metro Administrative offices. Signs will be posted and Ranger vehicles will be visible at the pullout. For more information, please email Angie Richman at firstname.lastname@example.org