Eileen Cross, Main media contact and Water Department (831) 420-5213
Joyce Blaschke, Santa Cruz Police Department (831) 420-5844
Janice Bisgaard, Public Works Department (831) 420-5166
Police Department Press Releases, click here
Fire Department Press Releases, click here
Measure H Paving Continues Dec. 4 - 8 in East and West Santa Cruz
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 30, 2017
Ricardo E. Valdés, Associate Civil Engineer, (831) 420-5198
Janice Bisgaard, Community Relations Specialist, (831) 420-5166
SANTA CRUZ — City of Santa Cruz overlay project work is scheduled for Morrissey Boulevard, Goss Avenue, California and King streets and Escalona and West Cliff drives on various days Monday, Dec. 4, through Friday, Dec. 8. Construction hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except for Morrissey, California and West Cliff which begin at 7 a.m. Traffic control will be in effect at all locations.
The public is advised to seek alternate routes if possible as there will be delays. Parking will be impacted.
The following construction schedule is predicated on clear weather; any changes will be posted on the City website along with construction area map at www.cityofsantacruz.com.
- Morrissey Boulevard will have utilities raised from Monday, Dec. 4 through Wednesday, Dec. 6; striping will occur on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 7 and 8.
- California Street from Laurel Street to Bay Street will be paved with asphalt on Monday, Dec. 4; speed bumps will be installed on Tuesday, Dec. 5.
- King Street work will include speed bump installation, striping and asphalt paving of side streets on Monday, Dec. 4, through Wednesday, Dec. 6.
- Escalona Drive asphalt paving is planned for Monday, Dec. 4, and striping for Wednesday, Dec. 6.
- West Cliff Drive asphalt paving from the Lighthouse State Beach parking lot to Columbia Street will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 6.
- Natural Bridges Drive striping is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 7.
- Goss Avenue will have speed bumps installed on Thursday, Dec. 7; striping will occur on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Both Market Street and Goss Avenue will have utilities raised on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 7 and 8.
- Market Street from the Highway 1 overpass to Goss Avenue will be striped on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Delaware Avenue striping is scheduled for Friday Dec. 8.
This construction work is part of the 2017 Overlay Project and Fall 2016 Overlay Project. Both projects, funded by Measure H tax dollars, are rehabilitating local streets that have experienced significant deterioration and are expected to be completed by Dec. 22, in time for the winter holidays.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this construction work may cause and appreciates the public’s cooperation. Any concerns or questions may be addressed to Project Manager Ricardo Valdés, at (831) 420-5198 or RValdes@cityofsantacruz.com.