Eileen Cross, Main media contact and Water Department (831) 420-5213
Joyce Blaschke, Santa Cruz Police Department (831) 420-5844
Janice Bisgaard, Public Works Department (831) 420-5166
Police Department Press Releases, click here
Fire Department Press Releases, click here
The Wastewater Treatment Facility Invites Santa Cruz Neighbors to a Family-Friendly Open House
- Race radio controlled mini forklifts for prizes.
- Climb aboard a Vac-Con truck and giant forklift.
- Step inside a TV van to operate the camera through the pipe, then watch as it moves on wheels!
- Tour the Lab to see moving microorganisms.
- Visit with the artist who painted the facility's supersized ocean/estuary themed mural.
- Tour the plant to see what happens to 7 million gallons of wastewater daily—talk with operators and technicians. (Closed-toed shoes are required. Children age 10/5th grade & up only.)
- Have fun with a Big Ol’ Toilet Bowl photo opp!
- Enjoy bagels, juice and coffee.
The award-winning City of Santa Cruz Wastewater Treatment Facility operates and maintains a regional wastewater treatment and disposal facility. Wastewater treatment is provided for the City of Santa Cruz and the Santa Cruz County Sanitation District including Live Oak, Capitola, Soquel and Aptos. The facility provides quality-of-life service to the community while helping to reduce the City’s carbon footprint and protecting the environment.
Questions regarding the open house may be addressed to Community Relations Specialist Janice Bisgaard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 420-5166.