Media ContactsRalph Dimarucut, Main media contact (831) 420-5017
Eileen Cross, Water Department (831) 420-5213
Joyce Blaschke, Santa Cruz Police Department (831) 420-5844
Janice Bisgaard, Public Works Department (831) 420-5166
Police Department Press Releases, click here
Fire Department Press Releases, click here
Planning & Building and Payment Counter Closure: 10/9-10/11
Planning & Community Development Department, Room 206
In order to prepare for the opening of the new Planning & Building and Payment Counter, the Planning & Community Development Department will be closing the existing counter located in Room 206 starting at Noon on Wednesday October 9, 2019 through Friday, October 11th. The counter will open at it's new location, Room 101, on October 14th, 2019.
The closure will impact the following:
- In-Person Planning and Building Questions
- Over-the-Phone Building Related Questions
- Building Permit Submittal, Payment, and Issuance
- Planning Application Submittal, Payment, and Issuance: Zoning Clearances, Home Occupancy, etc.
- New and Renewal of Business Licenses and all related business license payments.
- All other city payments except utility payments (Wharf rental, admissions tax, cannabis payments)
Payments can be deposited in the Payment Drop Box during this time. The Payment Drop Box is located outside, near Room 102 at the City Hall Annex.
All other services provided by the Planning & Community Development Department will continue during this time.
For the following services, please call (831)420-5110:
- Schedule a Building Inspection or Confirm a Building Inspection Window.
- Confirm Your Rental Inspection Window.
- Planning Related Questions
If you have questions relating to this closure, don't hesitate calling (831)420-5110.