Media ContactsRalph Dimarucut, Main media contact (831) 420-5017
Eileen Cross, Water Department (831) 420-5213
Joyce Blaschke, Santa Cruz Police Department (831) 420-5844
Janice Bisgaard, Public Works Department (831) 420-5166
Police Department Press Releases, click here
Fire Department Press Releases, click here
Clam Chowder Cook Off Team Registration Open!
Cook Off Saturday Feb 22 AND Sunday Feb 23
Calling all chowder chefs! Enter a team in the 39th annual Clam Chowder Cook Off, the largest and longest-running Clam Chowder Cook Off in the country. The Cook Off takes place Saturday, Feb 22 and Sunday, Feb 23 at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
The competition features four categories.
- Amateur Boston
- Amateur Manhattan
- Professional Boston
- Professional Manhattan
- Public Safety Teams
Awards will be given for Best Clam Chowder in each category, plus People's Choice, Most Tasted, and Best Themed Booth. Awards include plaques, cash prizes, round-trip airfare courtesy of United Airlines, and bragging rights!
Enter online or download a mail-in entry form.
For more information see the Cook Off Guidelines or contact Parks and Recreation events at (831) 420-5273. More event
The benefits are many:
- Giant exposure on event day. This is the largest and longest-running Clam Chowder Cook Off in the US, with thousands in attendance. Get your name in front of potential customers, hand out cards, and collect emails!
- Winners are listed in the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation Summer Activity Guide distributed to over 43,000 Santa Cruz and Scotts Valley residents
- Winners are posted on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk event page for the entire year.
- Winners are posted on the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation event page post event
- Winners are announced on City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation Facebook (over 6,000 followers) and Instagram
- Did We Mention Cash Prizes?
- $250 for 1st place Best Boston and Best Manhattan
- $250, $150, $100 for Most Tasted
- $250 for Best Theming – get creative!
- $250 for People’s Choice, both Boston and Manhattan
- $250 for Professional Drawing winner – random drawing with all professional winners
- Chance to win 2 round-trip United Airlines tickets – random drawing with all professional winners
Thank you to event sponsors United Airlines; Crystal Springs, Berkeley Farms, Xfinity, KPIG, KWAV, BOBFM, KCDU, The Hippo, Santa Cruz Waves, Good Times and Dream Inn.