Citizens have asked:
• When should I use 9-1-1?
• What if it is not urgent, should I still use 9-1-1?
According to the Santa Cruz Regional 9-1-1 center (formerly known as the Santa Cruz Consolidated Emergency Communications Center):
- If you need a response from Fire, Law, Emergency Medical Services, or for after hours city services, regardless of the urgency, call 9-1-1.
- Calls to 9-1-1 are prioritized based on the situation.
- The benefit to using 9-1-1 is that your address and phone number from the call are imported into the dispatch center's computer system, which saves data entry time and helps to facilitate the response.
- If you have a question or would like help finding the right department to call, use the business line: 831-471-1131.