Occupation: Program Director/Teacher Age: 37
I’m honored to call Santa Cruz my home. This is the community where I obtained an excellent education, established my career, and have led a highly successful program to rebuild lives. Now I’m ready to give back by serving as a member of the City Council – making a difference in our neighborhoods and creating a bright future for our community.
My life experience has given me a strong commitment to public service, including:
• Director of Gemma, an acclaimed local program for treatment, rehabilitation and re-entry following incarceration. My leadership has resulted in major reductions in recidivism, and Gemma is recognized as an effective program that increases public safety and improves lives.
• Seven years public safety experience with County Probation
• Faculty, graduate Social Work programs at San Jose State and CSUMB
• Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation Commissioner. As a commissioner, I understand the importance of ensuring that our City parks are safe, our open spaces are protected, and our families have access to positive affordable programs.
• Together For Youth board member; Queer Youth Task Force. County-wide initiatives like these demonstrate the value of partnerships among private, non-profit and public sectors, working for a healthy, inclusive community.
We have great strengths and resources here in Santa Cruz: a breathtaking natural environment, wonderful creativity, a strong sense of community, and the belief that our efforts can make a difference. I’m committed to connecting with neighborhoods, locally-owned businesses, schools and community groups, working together to make this a community we can all feel proud of.
Economic recovery is gaining momentum, but we continue to face serious, complex issues: public safety, housing, investing in infrastructure, long-term sustainability, and promoting economic vitality amid rapidly changing conditions. As a local non-profit leader, every day I apply the following philosophy: help people learn to live within their means and take personal responsibility, value what you have, share resources and commit to positively impacting our community. I’m seeking your vote so I can bring this same philosophy to the City Council.
Based on my work here in Santa Cruz, I’ve received endorsements from a wide variety of community members including local business leaders and professionals, public safety personnel, environmental and education leaders, union members, neighborhood advocates, arts and cultural leaders, healthcare and human service providers, and elected officials.
I hope to have your support as well; I would appreciate your vote.
For more information: www.ChaseForSantaCruz.com
DISCLAIMER: City Council candidate statements are posted by city clerk division staff in the form submitted by the candidate without editing, proofreading, or spell-checking. The opinions and statements set forth are those of the candidates to whom they are attributed and do not reflect the city's official positions on issues addressed in the statement. The candidate's statement is not a city endorsement of any candidate's candidacy. The information is submitted to the voters by the city as a service to assist voters and for informational purposes only. The statement is not intended to, and does not, exempt any candidate or statement author from civil or criminal liability for any false, slanderous or libelous statements set forth on the city's website.
Elected to Adhere to the Voluntary Expenditure/Mandatory Contribution Limitations Agreement
- Form 501 - Candidate Intention Statement
- Form 410 - Statement of Organization - Recipient Committee
Form 460 - Reporting Period: January 1, 2014 - June 30, 2014 (nothing to report - filed Candidate Intention Statement on July 7, 2014)
- Form 460; Form 460 (amendment) - Reporting Period: July 1, 2014 - September 30, 2014
- Form 460 - Reporting Period: October 1, 2014 - October 20, 2014
- Form 460 - Reporting Period: October 21, 2014 - October 30, 2014
- Form 460 - Reporting Period: October 31, 2014 - December 31, 2014 [not yet submitted - due January 31, 2015