New artwork by Anna Oneglia for CPVAW's 30th Anniversary
To end sexual assault, sexual harassment, and domestic violence in the City of Santa Cruz through prevention, programs, and public policy.
To collaborate with local stakeholder partners and law enforcement to ensure best practices to respond to and prosecute violent crimes against women.
- To make ending violence against women the highest priority in the City of Santa Cruz
- To ensure collaboration with other public and private agencies to support existing programs and
support the development of new programs as needed
- To facilitate meaningful citizen participation in the work of the Commission
- To continue to work with law enforcement to develop strategies for the successful prosecution and conviction of the crimes of violence against women
Meetings and Membership:
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the months of February, March, May, August, September, and November at 6:45 p.m. in City Council Chambers,
809 Center Street, Santa Cruz, CA. The Commission consists of seven members who are appointed by the City Council.
Agendas and minutes are available online.
[link to past online agendas and minutes]
Standing Committee: CPVAW Police Committee: Location and meeting schedule to be determined. Contact CPVAW staff for more information. Agendas and minutes will be posted to this website in the near future.
WOMEN AND GIRLS' SELF-DEFENSE CLASSES - FALL 2015 REVISED (PDF)
Visit the City's Parks and Recreation page for current classes and registration information.
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month - OCTOBER 2015 Flyer (pdf)
Full Moon Walk - October 2015 (pdf)
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month - watch for details
Follow us on Facebook
• Resources -- Walnut Avenue Women's Center
• Resources -- Monarch Services of Santa Cruz County
• Police Department Website
809 Center Street, Room 10
Santa Cruz, CA. 95060
Office Hours: By Appointment only.
Signup to receive email notices for future CPVAW meetings; go to eNotifications page and check the CPVAW box.