Thank you for your interest in filming in our beautiful city!
The City of Santa Cruz is known for its unique atmosphere, incredible weather and beautiful beach setting.
If you are filming on public property in the City of Santa Cruz (including still photography) for commercial purposes, you must have a permit to do so. This application is solely for the use of public property within the City’s jurisdiction.
If private property is utilized, arrangements must be made with the property owner.
Parties interested in filming in the City of Santa Cruz must review the following policies and procedures which will provide information regarding filming.
1. The following forms/fees should be completed and submitted:
a. Application (new form)
b. Certificate of insurance. See the insurance requirements.
2. The application will be reviewed and the applicant advised as to which City services, if any, are required. Please contact the Special Event Supervisor at (831) 420-5132 when faxing forms or if you have questions.
3. This application must be processed and approved before filming begins.
4. If the application is approved, the applicant will be issued an “Authorization to Film in the City of Santa Cruz” permit. This permit must be posted on location at all times.
5. Santa Cruz City Councilmembers, the Police Department, and the Fire Department will be advised of significant film permits that are issued.
Kathy Agnone, Coordinator
Special Event Permit Office
City of Santa Cruz
809 Center Street, Room 10
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Special Event Permit Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday by appointment