CURRENT PART-TIME JOB OPENINGS
TEEN SUMMER INTERN - $9.18/hour; 12–20 hours per weekReports to: Recreation Leader IV, Recreation Coordinator, Various Department Staff
Designation: Temporary, Seasonal
Training Dates: Week of June 15 - June 19, 2015
Program Dates: June 22 - August 14, 2015
Positions open until filled
RETURN TO: Parks & Recreation Office, 323 Church Street, Santa Cruz CA 95060 Attn: Teen Summer Intern Program
Under direction of the Recreation Leader IV and Recreation Coordinator, assumes assigned responsibilities in various departments within the City of Santa Cruz. Will learn about duties and work in their particular areas as assigned.
Intern positions may be available in the following departments or areas:
Parks & Recreation Department, Fire Department, City Clerk’s Office, City Manager’s Office, Library, Public Works, Information Technology, Planning/Community Development, Economic Development, Finance, Human Resources
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of hire.
- Reliable and conscientious
- Willing to learn new skills
- Attend All-Staff training June 15 – 19, 2015]
- Attend Intern Meeting
- Must wear appropriate attire (as required by individual work site.
- Some positions may require fingerprint clearance
SPECIAL EVENTSRecreation Leader II - $10.8082/hour - Position Open Until Filled
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor
Designation: Temporary/ On Call
Program Length: Year round
Starting Wages/Hours: $10.5963/hr
Application deadline: Immediate. Return application to: Parks and Recreation Office, Attn: Special Events
323 Church Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The City of Santa Cruz in an equal opportunity employer.
Under supervision of the Recreation Leader 4, assist in the administration of special events and other programs as needed.
• Assist with the day of duties of City special events and programs.
• Purchase, maintain and transport all event supplies.
• Work with the public to convey event information and direct customers to various activities within the event.
• May assist with parking direction/information for day of event parking.
• Move equipment and set up event tents and tabling.
• Report daily to Recreation Leader IV.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Independently initiate and complete work activities.
• Understand and give effective written and verbal instructions.
• Compose written correspondence, promotional materials and reports, i.e. press releases, PSAs, fliers, letters, memos, monthly reports, etc.
• Maintain accurate budgetary files, reports, and records.
• Interact effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals.
• Respond calmly and effectively to emergency situations.
• Effectively motivate and supervise event participants and spectators.
• Working knowledge of special events.
• Report to work on time, as scheduled.
• Willingness to work irregular schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• Neat professional appearance.
• Provide DMV printout.
CURRENT FULL-TIME JOB OPENINGS
There no full-time positions available at this time.