CURRENT FULL-TIME JOB OPENINGS
There no full-time positions available at this time.
CURRENT PART-TIME JOB OPENINGS
Teach gymnastics classes for the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation department this fall. Toddler Time and Parent & Tot classes (ages 1-4 years) are taught Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Tumbling and Junior Gym classes for older students (ages 5 & up) are taught Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Classes run September 15 - December 12. There is an opportunity to continue in the winter-spring. Classes are held at the Depot Park Freight Building near Downtown Santa Cruz. Experience teaching gymnastics is required. Employment is contingent on a fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice. Instructors are paid 60% of class enrollment plus $20.00 a day for equipment set up and break down. To apply, submit Instructor Contractor Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 420-6176 for more information.
Recreation Leader II - $10.5963/hour - Position Open Until Filled
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor
Designation: Temporary/ On Call
Program Length: Year round
Starting Wages/Hours: $10.5963/hr
Application deadline: Immediate. Return application to: Parks and Recreation Office, Attn: Special Events
323 Church Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The City of Santa Cruz in an equal opportunity employer.
Under supervision of the Recreation Leader 4, assist in the administration of special events and other programs as needed.
• Assist with the day of duties of City special events and programs.
• Purchase, maintain and transport all event supplies.
• Work with the public to convey event information and direct customers to various activities within the event.
• May assist with parking direction/information for day of event parking.
• Move equipment and set up event tents and tabling.
• Report daily to Recreation Leader IV.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Independently initiate and complete work activities.
• Understand and give effective written and verbal instructions.
• Compose written correspondence, promotional materials and reports, i.e. press releases, PSAs, fliers, letters, memos, monthly reports, etc.
• Maintain accurate budgetary files, reports, and records.
• Interact effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals.
• Respond calmly and effectively to emergency situations.
• Effectively motivate and supervise event participants and spectators.
• Working knowledge of special events.
• Report to work on time, as scheduled.
• Willingness to work irregular schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• Neat professional appearance.
• Provide DMV printout.