CURRENT PART-TIME JOB OPENINGS
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor
Designation: Temporary/ On Call
Program Length: Year round
Starting Wages/Hours: $10.5963/hr
Application deadline: Immediate. Return application to: Parks and Recreation Office, Attn: Special Events
323 Church Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The City of Santa Cruz in an equal opportunity employer.
Under supervision of the Recreation Leader 4, assist in the administration of special events and other programs as needed.
• Assist with the day of duties of City special events and programs.
• Purchase, maintain and transport all event supplies.
• Work with the public to convey event information and direct customers to various activities within the event.
• May assist with parking direction/information for day of event parking.
• Move equipment and set up event tents and tabling.
• Report daily to Recreation Leader IV.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Independently initiate and complete work activities.
• Understand and give effective written and verbal instructions.
• Compose written correspondence, promotional materials and reports, i.e. press releases, PSAs, fliers, letters, memos, monthly reports, etc.
• Maintain accurate budgetary files, reports, and records.
• Interact effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals.
• Respond calmly and effectively to emergency situations.
• Effectively motivate and supervise event participants and spectators.
• Working knowledge of special events.
• Report to work on time, as scheduled.
• Willingness to work irregular schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• Neat professional appearance.
• Provide DMV printout.
The Civic is looking for reliable, professional, customer–service oriented applicants for the following temporary, on-call positions:
Civic Auditorium Security / Ushers- Recreation II $11.02/hour
Assist patrons, distribute programs, take tickets, monitor backstage or restricted areas as assigned.
Civic Auditorium Cashier $11.02/hour
Sell concession & miscellaneous items during Civic Auditorium events, set up concessions area, minor food prep
and clean-up. Cash handling, register experience preferred. Requires fingerprinting & TB test.
Civic Auditorium Maintenance Worker Aide $11.17/hour
Custodial & Maintenance duties, stock concessions area. Also event prep: setting up chairs/tables for Civic events and post-event break-down and clean up.
All positions are on-call. On-call positions require a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
Pick up an application at the Civic Box Office or online at City of Santa Cruz Human Resources. Turn in your applications to the Civic Box Office 307 Church Street Between 11am & 6pm Tuesday through Friday.
CURRENT FULL-TIME JOB OPENINGS
There no full-time positions available at this time.