Community Resources


Blogger Icon Facebook-icon-SCPD Twitter-icon-SCPD Nixle icon Pinterest_Icon Instagram_Icon

Animal Services
Harbor Patrol

Parking Services
Substance Abuse/Counseling Programs
Victim/Witness Assistance Program
Women's Crisis Support and Shelter Services
Youth Services


Animal Services
Call the Animal Services Authority at 831-454-7303
If you are bitten by an animal or have an animal that bit someone else, the Animal Services Authority will require the following information:

  • Type of animal 
  • Description of animal
  • Address where animal lives
  • Owner's name
  • Time and day of bite
  • Place where you were bit

Other reasons to call the Animal Services Authority

  • You see an injured or deceased animal. If the owner of the animal is present, it is their responsibility to transport the animal to a veterinarian.
  • Animal complaints/nuisances. 
  • Dog licensing. All dogs must be rabies-vaccinated and licensed when they reach four (4) months of age.

Lost/found animals. Call 831-454-7303. Stray animals are held for 72 hours for owner redemption and then are placed up for adoption. It is your responsibility, if you have lost your pet to check, in person, at the Animal Services Authority or visit the Animal Services Authority website.

Bike Licenses

It is unlawful for any person to operate a bicycle on any public street or sidewalk, or upon any public path set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles, unless such bicycle, as defined in this section, has been licensed under the provisions of this chapter or under licensing provisions of another public agency.

A “bicycle,” defined for licensing requirements under this section, is any device upon which a person may ride, propelled by human power through a belt, chain, or gears, and having either two or three wheels in tandem or tricycle arrangement, and which has wheels at least twenty inches in diameter and a frame of at least fourteen inches; or any motorized bicycle as defined by the State Vehicle Code.

You can obtain a license through the City Finance Department

Harbor Patrol
The Harbormaster and Harbor Patrol have jurisdiction over the small craft harbor. Emergency - Dial 911.

Parking Services
Parking Services is a function of the Public Works Department. They provide for the management of public parking within the City of Santa Cruz, including Parking Enforcement of metered and timed parking spaces and in Downtown Parking Lot Facilities, Off-Street Attended Parking Facilities at the Municipal Wharf, Locust and Soquel/Front Garages.

Substance Abuse/Counseling Programs

Nar-Anon Family Groups or 800-477-6291
Alcoholics Anonymous 831-475-5782
Alto Counseling Center 831-423-2003 or 831-688-8100
Department of Rehabilitation 831-465-7100
Janus Residential Treatment Program 831-462-1770 (detox) or 831-462-1060
Methadone Detoxification and Maintenance 831-425-0112
Narcotics Anonymous 831-429-7436
Santa Cruz Community Counseling Center 831-423-3891

Victim/Witness Assistance Program Notice to victims and persons who suffer a financial loss as a result of a crime of violence: A program has been established by the State of California to provide aid to innocent persons who suffer loss of money due to injury or death resulting from crimes of violence and to assist, as advocates, victims of violent crime through the criminal justice process. You may be eligible for financial assistance if you have been a crime victim and:

  • You have been hurt or injured which results in an absence of work and/or medical treatment.
  • Someone who financially supports you has been hurt, injured, or killed as a result of a violent crime.
  • You have assumed or voluntarily paid medical bills, support, or burial expenses for someone who was hurt, injured, or killed as a result of a violent crime.

Funds to compensate victims are collected from convicted offenders.

Important Notice: Except under unusual circumstances, you have up to one year from the date of the crime to file your claim.

For information or assistance in completing forms, contact:

Victim/Witness Assistance Program
District Attorney's Office
701 Ocean Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95050

Women's Crisis Support and Shelter Services
If you have been the victim of domestic violence, the Women's Crisis Support and Shelter Services can assist you. They can provide safe shelter for you and your children. They also provide counseling and some assistance through legal processes.

For more information or assistance, contact them at 888-900-4232.

Youth Services/Youth Resource Directory

Click here for a list of local youth resources.


Community Assistance Reward Fund Information
Click above for information on how to donate to the CARE Fund.

Marsy’s Law Victim Rights Card

Marsy's Law Victim Rights Card en Español

Back to Top



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer