City Greenhouse Gas Reduction Goal:
Reduce community-wide greenhouse gas emissions 30% by 2020 and 80% by 2050 (compared to 1990 levels).
FOLLOW OUR PROGRESS:
2014 Progress Report to City Council
2015 Progress Report to City Council
2016 Progress Report to City Council
2017 Progress Report to City Council
2018 Progress Report to City Council
City of Santa Cruz
Climate Action Milestones
Milestones were revised in early 2016 to add more specificity to each target.
Click on each Milestone to view past progress and what's ahead. Milestones with no link are under revision.
2008 is the base year from which all Milestones are based.
2. Expand energy efficiency programs to 30% of homes and businesses by 2020.
3. Increase solar to 5,000 residents, 500 businesses and supply municipal buildings with 33% solar energy by 2020.
5. Ensure the rail corridor supports bike and pedestrian use by 2020 and support establishment of future rail service.
6. Maximize water conservation efforts to achieve the goals recommended by the Water Supply Advisory Com-mittee and accepted by the Council and to meet state mandates.
7. Achieve 75% total waste diversion and maximize organic waste diversion by 2020.
8. Increase bike ridership to 12% of local commutes by 2020.
10.Retain 200 certified Santa Cruz Green Businesses within the City through 2020.
11.Maintain and increase the City’s urban tree canopy by 10%
Go Solar Santa Cruz!
Federal Tax Credits were extended through 2019 so now is the time to go solar!
Use our EnergySage solar marketplace and decision making guides!
New residential and commercial solar PV resource materials available here!
Awards for Climate Action
Dr. Tiffany Wise-West
Sustainability + Climate Action Manager
809 Center St, Room 107
Santa Cruz, CA 95060