Visit Parks & Recreation Department for private special events
PUBLIC MAJOR SPECIAL EVENTS
Public Major Special Events scheduled on City property may include street closures, amplified music, admission charges, sales of goods or services, large numbers of people, and/or City personnel. These requirements each have separate permit costs, related fees and various departmental approval requirements. This page provides information and the necessary forms to submit an application.
Listed below are some general questions that you will need to consider when planning your event and completing the application.
- What public area will be requested for this event?
- How many people do you expect/want to attend?
- Will there be amplified sound?
- Will there be sales of any kind?
- Will there be a charge for admittance?
- Will there be a parade or march in the streets?
- Will a street closure be requested?
- Will there be alcohol?
- Will you be requesting city staff to assist during the event?
Public Major Special Event Permit Application:
NOTE: As of July 1 2017, permit fees have been changed.The following forms should be reviewed and completed as indicated in the application
- Insurance Requirement Information
- Food Packaging Ordinance Brochure
- Admission Tax Information
- Commercial Use Fees Form
- Commercial Use Fees BEACH Form
- Street Closure - Barricade Information Sheet (new)
- Adult Monitor - Street Closure Information Sheet (new)
When Turning in Your Application:
Complete the application answering each question as thoroughly as possible. Submit a completed application a minimum of 60 days prior to the event. Applications submitted less than 30 days prior to the event may not be processed; call prior to submitting. Applications can be submitted up to one year from the first date of your event.
Kathy Agnone, Coordinator
Special Event Permit Office
City of Santa Cruz
809 Center Street, Room 10
Special Event Permit Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Fridays - by Appointment