• Exempts a residential service user from paying electricity and gas users taxes on the first $100 in combined monthly charges for electricity services and gas services.
• Eligibility – the individual must be enrolled in the Pacific Gas & Electric Company's (PG&E) California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program and must reside at the location receiving the service; the exemption will not apply to any nonresidential location.
• To request an exemption, a service user needs to file a CARE program application with PG&E.
PG&E CARE Program
The CARE (California Alternate Rates for Energy) Program provides a monthly discount on energy bills for income-qualified households and housing facilities. Qualifications are based on the number of persons living in your home and your total annual household income.
• Enroll online
• Enroll by mail
- Print online application and mail to PG&E CARE Program, P.O. Box 7979, San Francisco, CA 94120-7979
- Have an application mailed to you by calling 1-866-PGE-CARE or emailing CAREandFERA@pge.com.
For more information call 1-866-PGE-CARE or visit http://www.pge.com/myhome/customerservice/financialassistance/care/singlefamily/