Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium
307 Church Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Box Office: 831-420-5260
The Civic is closed Mondays, except for events.
Buy Tickets Online - SantaCruzTickets.com
Saturday August 4 & Sunday August 5, 2018
ATTENTION ARTISTS! Application available here for 2018
Application Deadline: May 18, 2018
Notification Mail Date: June 15, 2018
Held each year in early August in front of the Civic Auditorium in downtown Santa Cruz, the Church Street Fair is the quintessential summertime festival. The Church Street Fair offers an inspiring immersion into the famously vibrant cultural scene of Santa Cruz, California, as expressed through music, dance, art, food, and wine & beer. Non-stop music and dance from across the globe will keep your spirits high on the Church Street stage. You’ll select from a variety of local food purveyors, vintners and brewers, and explore the work of dozens of regional artists and craftspeople. Free activities for children and their families and the Cabrillo Festival’s Free Family Concert with Tour of the Orchestra.
July 29 - August 12, 2018
Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music
The Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music, even at a seasoned 56 years old, is all about the new—the here and now of contemporary works for orchestra. To quote Financial Times music critic Allan Ulrich, “…in the surf mecca of Santa Cruz, 75 miles south of San Francisco, the Cabrillo Festival has made the contemporary repertoire sound urgent, indispensable and even sexy.”During the first two weeks of August each year, audiences are joined by both preeminent and emerging composers, an orchestra of dedicated professional musicians, and renowned guest artists from across the globe to give voice to works which are rarely more than a year or two old, and sometimes still wet on the page. The opportunity for composers to work with musicians skilled and enthusiastic about bringing these new works to life, in the beautiful coastal, college-town of Santa Cruz, California, makes this an artistic paradise. With a professional training workshop for early career conductors and composers, open rehearsals almost daily, educational programming for all ages, the Church Street Fair showcasing Santa Cruz County performers and artists, and much more, the Cabrillo Festival has dozens of opportunities for meaningful engagement.
For more information, please visit the Cabrillo Festival website.
BOOTH INFORMATION & PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
To maintain the high standards of the festival, we look to showcase handmade fine art
with originality and quality craftsmanship in a variety of mediums.
- All artwork exhibited must be original art created and hand-produced by the artist. No production work allowed. Any exhibitor found displaying/selling other items not represented in the original images supplied with the application will be required to vacate immediately with forfeiture of application fee.
- Each application must be accompanied by four (4) prints of artwork (no exceptions) and 1 print of booth display. Prints must be representative of the work to be showcased
- Participants must provide their own booth, change fund, equipment, etc. There is no electricity. Chairs and tables are available for a nominal rental fee.
- Size of booth/exhibit spaces are 10’ x 10’ with at least 1’ on each side of the booth and are pre-assigned. All tables, art, etc. must be within the 10’ x 10’ area. We cannot guarantee that returning artists will receive the same booth assignment as previous year. Space assignments and information will be mailed mid-July.
- All booths must be ready to open by 11:00 AM Saturday and remain open until 7:00 PM on both Saturday and Sunday evenings and begin break down after crowd has dispersed. Artists must be present at their booth though helpers are allowed. Vehicles will not be allowed onto the footprint of the fair until deemed safe by Civic Management. – this is typically ~8:20pm.
- Decisions will be made by a selection process. Accepted artists will be notified by email. We reserve the right to make any change, veto any activity or refuse participation to groups or individuals as may be necessary to carry out the objectives of the event.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than May 18, 2018 for initial screening. Final decisions will be made by June 15, 2018. Applications postmarked after May 18th will be reviewed on a space available basis. Those artists not accepted will be notified and booth fee will be refunded.