Saturday August 3 & Sunday August 4, 2019
Application Deadline: May 17, 2019
Notification Mail Date: June 14, 2019
Held each year in early August in front of the Civic Auditorium in downtown Santa Cruz, the Church Street Fair is the quintessential summertime festival. The Church Street Fair offers an inspiring immersion into the famously vibrant cultural scene of Santa Cruz, California, as expressed through music, dance, art, food, and wine & beer. Non-stop music and dance from across the globe will keep your spirits high on the Church Street stage. You’ll select from a variety of local food purveyors, vintners and brewers, and explore the work of dozens of regional artists and craftspeople. Free activities for children and their families and the Cabrillo Festival’s Free Family Concert with Tour of the Orchestra.
BOOTH INFORMATION & PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
To maintain the high standards of the festival, we look to showcase handmade fine art
with originality and quality craftsmanship in a variety of mediums.
- All artwork exhibited must be original art created and hand-produced by the artist. No production work allowed. Any exhibitor found displaying/selling other items not represented in the original images supplied with the application will be required to vacate immediately with forfeiture of application fee.
- Each application must be accompanied by four (4) prints of artwork (no exceptions) and 1 print of booth display. Prints must be representative of the work to be showcased
- Participants must provide their own booth, change fund, equipment, etc. There is no electricity. Chairs and tables are available for a nominal rental fee.
- Size of booth/exhibit spaces are 10’ x 10’ with at least 1’ on each side of the booth and are pre-assigned. All tables, art, etc. must be within the 10’ x 10’ area. We cannot guarantee that returning artists will receive the same booth assignment as previous year. Space assignments and information will be mailed mid-July.
- All booths must be ready to open by 11:00 AM Saturday and remain open until 7:00 PM on both Saturday and Sunday evenings and begin break down after crowd has dispersed. Artists must be present at their booth though helpers are allowed. Vehicles will not be allowed onto the footprint of the fair until deemed safe by Civic Management. – this is typically ~7:20pm.
- Decisions will be made by a selection process. Accepted artists will be notified by email. We reserve the right to make any change, veto any activity or refuse participation to groups or individuals as may be necessary to carry out the objectives of the event.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than May 17, 2019 for initial screening. Final decisions will be made by June 14, 2019. Applications postmarked after May 17will be reviewed on a space available basis. Those artists not accepted will be notified and booth fee will be refunded.