CURRENT PART-TIME JOB OPENINGS
PARK HOST AT HARVEY WEST PARK
The City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation Department seeks an individual or a couple to serve as a Park Host at Harvey West Park on a full-time basis. The primary role of a park host is to have a visible presence in the park and serve as the “eyes and ears” for City staff. Applicants must have a suitable recreational vehicle such as a motor home or travel trailer and a schedule that allows them to be on site seven days a week. This is an unpaid position; however the Park Host will be provided utility hook up and service at no cost.
Applications will be accepted from August 21 until September 21, 2017. Harvey West Park is a 44-acre multi-use park encompasses six athletic fields, a swimming pool, several picnic areas, a volleyball court, bocce ball court, hiking trails, and bicycle pump track. This park also connects to Pogonip open space. General Park hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week. The park does have reduced hours during the winter months.
Box Office Ticket Cashier - Recreation Leader II:
PAY RANGE: $11.8075
HOURS: 10-15 hours per week
Work in the Box Office at the Civic Auditorium selling tickets to shows, concerts, events, festivals held at the Civic Auditorium. Provide assistance to patrons in person, phone and via email with selecting specific seats, providing detailed concert information, explaining policies and giving advice on best seat selection.
Work as part of a small team during the Box Office hours 2-3 days per week and then work show shifts when the events take place. Our office is open to the public Tues-Friday 11am-6pm. A typical shift will be two to three days a week as either the opening or closing shift. Show nights are typically Friday and Saturday evenings about 1-3 per month.
Customer service for patrons who have varied interests--- from classical orchestra concerts to comedic acts to martial arts demonstrations. Must be flexible and willing to work as part of team.
This is a year round position. The schedule is flexible if hours need to be increased or decreased based on school schedule but you must be residing in Santa Cruz County for a portion of the summer season.
Some customer service experience required – retail, restaurant, amusement park or similar facility experience is welcome.
Possess some accounting skills. Comfortable handling basic cash counting transactions, nightly financial deposits, interpreting financial reports to ensure the cash, credit card transaction match what revenue was taken in.
Ability to communicate with patrons policies regarding tickets from various Producers in a straight forward, polite manner.
Willingness to work a regular weekly schedule between 10-20 hours.
Willingness to work a nights and weekends during show dates (usually 1-2 per month) with advance notice.
Willing to learn new skills and be a team player.
Fingerprint clearance of all City employees is required prior to beginning work when handling cash or serving food.
PAY RANGE: $14.3521
HOURS: 10-15 hours per week
Under supervision, performs a wide range of tasks related to City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation events. Assists with all aspects of events including planning, outreach, procuring supplies and promotion. This position is expected to work events including Woodies on the Wharf 6/24, Polynesian Festival 8/20, Food Truck events on 6/30, 7/28, 8/18 and 9/29 and Clam Chowder Cook Off 2/24 and 2/25. This is a temporary position scheduled 10 hours a week or as needed. Hours will increase the week of special events.
- Assists in planning of events with the Recreation Supervisor and Assistant.
- Serves as a representative of the Parks and Recreation department during events.
- Works events: Woodies on the Wharf, Polynesian Festival, Clam Chowder Cook Off and Food Truck events.
- Coordinates logistics during events including set up, break down and delegating staff duties/breaks.
- Assists with promotion: completing on-line calendars, social media posts, creating flyers, ads and banners.
- Creates supply lists and purchases supplies.
- Assist with outreach, sponsorship and collaborations
- Attends planning meetings with community members as needed.
- Answer phones, take message and disseminate information as needed.
- May act in a lead capacity to direct the work of Recreation II, III and/or IV.
Must be 18 years old at time of hire.
- Ability to plan special events and activities.
- Ability to work independently to assess event needs.
- Effectively motivate staff and maintain a positive energy during events.
- Ability to delegate tasks to temporary staff.
- Must be organized and ability to prioritize work.
- Experience and proficiency using a computer.
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals.
- Respond calmly and effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to understand and give verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform custodial duties.
- Ability to report to work on time.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Provide DMV printout and valid California Driver’s License.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduation or G.E.D. and two (2) years experience (paid or unpaid) in special events.
- Experience with digital media and graphic design recommended but not required.
CURRENT FULL-TIME JOB OPENINGS
There no full-time positions available at this time.