Rules & Regulations
- Event to begin and end on time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all park facilities and on Cowell's and Main beaches
- Decorations subject to rules and regulations of each facility.
- Please recycle.
- Gathering wood is prohibited.
- Set up and clean up are the responsibility of the permittee (except at the Civic Auditorium).
- See application packet for specific information on the rules and regulations at the facility you are reserving.
- Reservations (and requests for bounce house and sound permits) must be made a minimum of five (5) working days in advance.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, so early reservation is recommended.
- Alcohol is permitted at the Civic Auditorium, Louden Nelson Community Center, Harvey West Club/Scout House with an approved permit and other reservation areas except beach areas. Alcohol permits are required for any alcohol consumption. ABC permits are also required for sale of alcohol.
- Commercial sales of any kind must be approved by the Director. (Non-profit groups may submit a written request for permission for sales from the Director of Parks and Recreation.) The City requires a percentage of gross sales.
- A 5% admission tax is required for all events charging admission and/or booth fees.
- Policies regarding insurance, deposits and cancellations vary by facility. Please check the application packet for the facility you are reserving.
- Bounce Houses are allowed only at DeLaveaga, Harvey West, Laurel Street and Grant Street Parks. Permits are required and are limited in number. A stand-alone permit fee is applicable for the DeLaveaga Park meadow; bounce house fees are discounted at both DeLaveaga and Harvey West with a picnic site reservation. Certificate of insurance is required - an approved bounce house company list is available upon request.
- In compliance with SCMU 9.36.010 music MUST be turned off at 10:00 pm at the Harvey West Club/Scouthouse.
- Amendments to rentals at park's facilities must be made at least four (4) business days prior to the start date of the event or be subject to an administrative fee and supervisor approval.