In consideration of recommendations from Santa Cruz County Public Health and the CDC recommendations, Parks and Recreation Admin will be closed at least through April 10, 2020. For more information, see Parks & Recreation’s COVID-19 Response.
The first day of summer registration is very busy on WebTrac, as many people try to get into popular classes. The following tips will help you get a jump on summer!
- Do you really NEED to register on the first day? For the last couple years only a handful of programs filled on the first day. Unless you are registering for one of our most popular summer children's programs (such as Little Guards, Junior Guards and some summer camps) or very small classes (like surf lessons or Rock Climbing) it may not matter if you register early in the day, or even on a different day. You can always see the number of openings currently available for your class, when you first select it in WebTrac.
- Go to the WebTrac and practice using the site before the first day of registration. Test logging in with your account information. Make sure that each member of your family that you want to register for is listed on your family's account. New children will need to be added to your account by a staff member---try to do this before the first day of registration. If there is a problem or you need to add someone, call the office ahead of time for help, 420-5270.
- Little & Jr. Guards is an intense beach program. This program is not intended as a learn to swim program. Children must be very comfortable entering the ocean day one of class. Once classes begin, there are no refunds if your child refuses to participate. For more information, see the Guards Info Page.
- Registration will be available at your assigned time/date. Registration for summer programs will be closed until Saturday, April 11. Don't worry. It will open up for Residents at 8:00 am and 10:00 am for Non-Residents.
- Don't panic if the system is busy, just keep trying. On the morning that registration begins there is a large simultaneous demand for registration. If, when you first try to get to the WebTrac, you get a message telling you the system is busy, just wait a couple minutes and try again.
- Test your Device BEFORE registration Saturday. Our system may not look quite right on some mobile devices.
- Have the activity numbers of the programs you are interested in at hand, as well as your credit card. You don't need to rush through the process but do keep moving.
- See our Registration Refund Policy before making decisions to sign up for too many items. If you only want one session of Junior Guards, there is no need to register for AM and PM sections.
- If you are on the Waitlist for a program, please do not show up to the class. We will contact you if a spot opens up and register you before you are able to attend class. We make waitlist calls in order and give each person at least 24 hours to respond before moving to the next customer. Please know that we are very diligent with our waitlists and will call you as soon as possible.
- Important: Non-residents (Please Read):Between 8:00 and 10:00 am on the first day of registration, you may see notes that say non-residents cannot register until 10:00 am. City residents must verify their home address with us prior to registration.
- If all else fails, call our Registration Hotline, 420-5270.
We will offer telephone support for internet registration between 8 am and Noon on the first day of registration. Another option is to go to the Louden Nelson Community Center during these same hours. The computer lab will be open with staff on hand to assist you with online registration.