General Information and Standards and Frequently Asked Questions 

There are pending legislative updates relating to ADUs coming in 2020. To stay up-to-date on these changes please see our Ordinance & Policy Updates page. 

The General Information and Standards and Frequently Asked Questions documents provide helpful insight for property owners. Information in the documents include where ADUs are allowed,  standards for newly constructed detached and attached ADUs, costs, whether manufactured homes may be used, legalizing existing ADUs built without permits, information on how to reduce the cost of your ADU project, and more.

ADU Information

Contact Information 

General questions and information about ADUs: 

Have questions about legalizing your ADU or if your ADU is legal?

Have questions about building codes and what applies to your existing or new ADU or permit?


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer