ADVANCE PLANNING DIVISION
This Advance Planning division is responsible for the development of city-wide and neighborhood plans and programs. It involves adoption and maintenance of the General Plan and General Plan Map, its elements, area plans and the Local Coastal Program. Important to this division is liaison with other jurisdictions, neighborhood, businesses and civic groups.
- Developing amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map
- Facilitating historic preservation through the Historic Preservation Program
- Providing public information regarding City planning, interdepartmental/interjurisdictional coordination, census data analysis, and economic development.
- Carrying out research projects under direction of the City Council and Planning Commission
- Updating the Housing Element
- Downtown Recovery Plan Amendments