The Santa Cruz Police Department has a longstanding commitment to Community-Oriented Policing.
Many of these progressive programs and policies that the department has employed for decades also are recommended by the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing Report, which was finalized in 2015.
“Community-Oriented Policing helps us align the department’s values with those of Santa Cruz,” Deputy Police Chief Rick Martinez said. “Policing isn’t just about making arrests, it’s about partnering to find long-term solutions on issues affecting our city.”
- Origins and evolution of our Community-Oriented Policing
- Transparency and Accountability in our Community-Oriented Policing
- Community-Based Partnerships Reduce Crime
- Youth Programs Help Santa Cruz Police Department’s Community Policing Efforts Reach Kids
- Technology Supports Community Policing Policies
- Future of Community Policing