City residential refuse customers are provided with a 64-gallon green cart for yard trimmings, leaves, grass clippings, and other plant material.
- Do not pack material in cart, keep it loose!
- Cut long branches and lumber to fit
- The cart lid must be able to close completely
- Place cart out at the curb by 5:00 a.m.
Take your yard trimmings, leaves, grass clippings and other plant material directly to the Resource Recovery Facility (landfill), 605 Dimeo Lane (3 miles north of Santa Cruz off Highway 1).
Organics! Program accepts the following materials:
- Leaves and pine needles
- Prunnings, branches, plants and brush
- Grass clippings
- Holiday trees and greens
- Unpainted/untreated lumber (nails and hinges okay)
- Untreated wood chips, bark and sawdust (paper bags okay)
Materials NOT accepted in Organics! Program:
- No garbage or hazardous material
- No plastic bags
- No fruit, vegetables or food waste
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or bricks
- no painted or treated wood
- No Bamboo or palm fronds
- No flower pots or plant trays (ceramic or plastic)
- No furniture (chairs, tables, bookshelves)
- No pet waste
- No tree trimmings with Pitch Canker disease
For information on:
Customer Service: 831-420-5220
Resource Recovery Facility: 831-420-6270