The City of Santa Cruz, in partnership with the Mattress Recycling Council, now offers FREE mattress recycling for households within the City of Santa Cruz.
- Mattresses must be delivered to the City of Santa Cruz Resource Recovery Facility (RRF), located at 605 Dimeo Lane. (3 miles north of town)
- RRF hours are Monday through Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- **Limit 5 mattresses and/or box springs per visit**
- The City of Santa Cruz is not providing free pick up service for mattresses
- This offer is not valid for commercial haulers or commercial entities (motels, etc.)
As part of this program, we are unable to accept:
- severely damaged, wet, twisted, or soiled mattresses or box springs
- items infested with bed bugs
- mattress pads or toppers
- sleeping bags
- car beds
- juvenile products such as carriages, baskets, cribs, bassinets, dressing tables, strollers, and playpens
- infant carriers, lounge pads, or crib bumpers
- water beds or camping air mattresses
- fold-out sofa beds
Click here for information on other appliance or bulky items services and annual pickup dates
The Mattress Recycling Council (MRC) is a non-profit organization established by the mattress industry and certified by CalRecycle to manage Bye Bye Mattress - the California mattress recycling program.
City of Santa Cruz Waste Reduction office - General Questions: 831 420-5591
City of Santa Cruz Resource Recovery Facility - Drop-Off Questions: 831 420-6270