Click here for the Fall 2018 issue of the SCMU Review utility newsletter
Customer ServiceThe Santa Cruz Municipal Utilities Office (SCMU) handles customer service for the Water Department.
- Customer service is available by telephone at 831-420-5220
- In person service is available at SCMU. Address: 212 Locust Street, Suite D; Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Lobby hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Phone/online business hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- SCMU can help with:
- Opening and closing utility accounts
- Answering service related questions
- Billing and account questions
- Handling disputes
- Rebates and education
What we do:
- Collect and move water
- Store and treat water
- Distribute and track how much water is used
- Bill our customers for their water use
- Provide tools and resources to conserve water
- Protect the Newell Creek, Zayante and Laguna watersheds.
Who we provide water service to
- Residents and businesses within Santa Cruz city limits
- Live Oak
- Portions of the City of Capitola
- Limited water service along Highway 1 north of Santa Cruz
- Ensure public health and safety by providing a clean, safe, reliable supply of water.
- We strive to serve the community in a courteous, efficient, cost effective and environmentally sustainable manner.
Governing structure and oversight
- The governing body for the Water Department is the City Council.
- The Director of the Water Department reports to the City Manager.
- A seven member Water Commission advises City Council on policy matters involving the operations and management of the water system.
- Water Department organizational chart
212 Locust Street, Suite A
Santa Cruz, California 95060