Receive up to $150 when you replace your old toilet with a WaterSense labeled toilet!
How To Apply:
- Read requirements and details of the City of Santa Cruz Toilet Rebate application.
- Purchase and install a WaterSense certified toilet.
- Fill out and sign the rebate application.
- Attach the itemized original receipt or plumber's invoice for the toilets (no copies or photos).
- Submit your rebate application to: City of Santa Cruz Water Conservation Office, 212 Locust St. Suite B, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
- Allow for 4-6 weeks to receive a rebate check in the mail.
How to Determine which Toilet to Buy:
- Eligibility requirements depend on what type of toilet you are replacing:
- If your old toilet is 3.5 gallons per flush or more, you qualify with a new High Efficiency Toilet (max. 1.28 gallons per flush or dual flush).
- If your old toilet is less than 3.5 gallons per flush, you qualify with a new Ultra High Efficiency Toilet (max. 1.0 gallons).
- Visit WaterSense to find out which toilet is best for your needs.
- Compare models with the Maximum Performance of Toilet Fixtures to compare. The higher the rating, the better the flushing performance.
How to Dispose of your Old Toilet:
- City Residents- Recycle your old toilets (without seat or hardware) for free at the City Recycling Center at Dimeo Lane. Toilets will not be picked up curbside.
- County Residents- Recycle your old toilets at the Buena Vista Landfill for a small fee.