City Council has determined that a development impact fee for the connection of new services to the water system, the "system development charge" will be charged.
The system development charge is payable following the issuance of any permit resulting in a new connection to the water system or increased meter size. Such fee is necessary to pay for additional demand's proportional share of the system expansion costs essential to provide water to the new or additional service.
The basis for these charges are found in Santa Cruz Municipal Code Chapter 16.14.
Water Facilities Installation and Miscellaneous Fees
The link above contains the fees for the following services:
- Sewer Connection Fees
- Charges for Installation of Water Meters
- Water Facilities Plan Review/Inspection/Permit Fees
- Landscape/Irrigation Plan Review Fees
- Water Service Fees for:
- Bulk Water (from Bulk Water Station or Hydrant Meter
- Records Research
- Unauthorized Connection Fee
- Fee for Insufficient Notification of Cancellation, Postponement and/or Rescheduling of Contractor-Requested Assistance