This competition aims to connect students and faculty from a variety of disciplines in order to develop and pursues commercially viable business plans. This will allow students to create supportive relationships with experienced mentors from the UCSC faculty and members of the Santa Cruz and Silicon Valley business and technology communities.
We hope that this competition will produce quality business ideas as well as give students the opportunity to apply the principles that they have learned in the classroom to the real world. We hope that they will use what they learn to improve their lives as well as return to develop the UCSC Business Plan Competition for future generations of students.
The Business Plan Competition is sponsored by Jack Baskin School of Engineering, City of Santa Cruz Department of Economic Development and Redevelopment, Santa Cruz Geeks, Platform Santa Cruz, NextSpace, UCSC Division of Social Sciences and the UCSC Foundation.
More information on UCSC’s Business Plan Competition is available at Business Plan Competition
- Foster a culture of entrepreneurship
- Create lasting relationships between the campus community and entrepreneurs
- Educate the student body for global entrepreneurship
- Foster the creation of viable and valuable business enterprises
- Raise awareness of UCSC Silicon Valley presence
- Foster the involvement of students in improving business and technology programs
- Provide funding for design teams and competition winners