You may make a police report at 155 Center Street or online.
If you are reporting a non-emergency issue, you can use our online police reporting system in certain circumstances. This website can be used to report harassing phone calls, hit and runs, lost property, theft, identity theft, vehicle burglary, vehicle tampering and vandalism cases unless you know or think you know the suspect. If you have suspect information, you should work directly with a police officer by calling or visiting the police department.
Requesting Police Services for an Emergency: 911
It is appropriate to call 911 for calls which involve a crime, accident or incident requiring a uniformed police officer to respond.
Crime Tip Line 420-5995
Anonymous information may be left on an answering machine in the police department through the Crime Tip Line. This line is checked regularly.
Alternate Emergency 7-Digit Telephone Number: 471-1131
When requesting assistance from the Police Department, realize that requests are prioritized with emergency calls having priority over nonemergency calls. The officer will respond to your call as soon as possible.
When calling you will be asked:
• What is the problem?
• Where is the problem?
• Is it still happening (in progress)?
• How many people are involved?
• Are there weapons involved?
• What do the people look like (sex, age, race, height, weight, what are they wearing)?
• Are there vehicles involved?
• Can you describe them (year, make, model, color, license plate)?
• Which way did they go?
• What is your name, address, and telephone number.
Back to Top