GreenCycle! helps prolong the life of the landfill and keeps valuable organic material from being thrown away. Don't waste your greens!
Take your yard clippings to the drop-off site at the Resource Recovery Facility (Landfill) on Dimeo Lane, 3 miles north of Santa Cruz off of Highway 1.
Resource Recovery Facility Fees and Rates Chart [PDF]
Questions call 420-5220.
GreenCycle! Drop-off accepts only the following materials:
- Leaves and pine needles
- Prunings, branches, plants and brush
- Prunings and branches
- Unpainted/untreated lumber (nails and hinges okay)
- Untreated wood chips, bark, sawdust (sawdust should be placed in paper bags)
- Grass clippings (you can also leave clippings on your lawn or use them as mulch)
- Tree trunks not exceeding 24" in diameter and four feet in length
Do not place these items in GreenCycle! Drop-off:
- No garbage or hazardous material
- No plastic bags. (Paper bags are fine)
- No painted or treated wood
- No flower pots
- No animal waste
- No tree trimmings with Pitch Canker disease
Resource Recovery Facility
605 Dimeo Lane
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The facility is open Monday through Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
and closed on Sundays, with the following exceptions:
- Closed Thanksgiving Day
- Closing at 12 noon on December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Closed all day December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Closing at 12 noon on December 31 (New Year’s Eve)
- Closed all day January 1 (New Year’s Day)