The City of Santa Cruz has formed a partnership with the National Development Council (NDC), one of the oldest not-for-profit corporations specializing in community and economic development, to offer the Grow Santa Cruz Loan Program.
Here are the larger qualifying conditions:
- The business must be a for profit entity;
- It must be with within Santa Cruz city limits;
- It must be financially healthy and in need of expansion capital;
- Acceptable uses for these funds can include: machinery and equipment, acquisition of land and buildings, construction, renovations and tenant improvements;
- This is not a venture program and cannot provide funds for research and development or to satisfy equity or near-equity needs.
Average loans will range from $50,000 to $300,000 as permitted by the US Small Business Administration at or below market rates, for terms up to 25 years depending on the proposed use of funds .
This application will be processed by the City and NDC, and utilizes the appended Loan Application Packet
This application will require the following documentation:
• Brief description of the project, including proposed sources and uses of funds;
• Corporate financial statement or Tax Returns for the previous three years;
• Current financial statement (can be in-house);
• A personal financial statement of all principles who own more than 20% of company stock; and
• A credit release, authorizing NDC to verify credit history
If you'd like more detailed information on the program, please feel free to download our brochure.
If you have any questions, please contact: