The School Recycling and Waste Reduction Program assists schools with developing and maintaining recycling programs and waste reduction strategies. This free service provides:
- Assistance in setting up your school recycling program
- Recycling and trash bins, plus informative and colorful stickers and signs
- Tours of the City of Santa Cruz Resource Recovery Facility and Landfill
- Interactive classroom presentations & school-wide assemblies
- Compost bins, worm bins and accessories for Life Lab programs.
- Teacher resource library including DVDs, videos, and paper-making kits for loan.
Trash Talk!, a kid's newsletter dedicated to local waste reduction for recycling issues. It is distributed to all 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students in the City of Santa Cruz.
Watch “Santa Cruz Recycles” Video
Watch what happens to your recyclables - from house, to cart, to truck, to sorting, to baling and then resale to make new products.
To schedule a tour or presentation, to borrow teacher resources, or to learn more about the City of Santa Cruz School Recycling and Waste Reduction Program contact:
Waste Reduction Assistant