Registration Tips for Summer Online Registration
- The first day of summer registration is very busy on our instaReg website as many people try to get into popular classes. These tips will help!
- Do you really NEED to register on the first day? For the last couple years only a handful of programs filled on the first day. Unless you are registering for one of our most popular summer children's programs (such as Little Guards, Junior Guards and some summer camps) or very small classes (like surf lessons or Rock Climing) it may not matter if you register early in the day, or even on a different day. You can always see the number of openings currently available for your class, when you first select it in instaReg.
- Go to the instaReg website and practice using the site before the first day of registration. Test logging in with your Account Number and PIN. Make sure that each member of your family that you want to register for is listed on your family's account. If there is a problem or you need to add someone, call the office ahead of time for help, 420-5270.
- Don't panic if the system is busy, just keep trying. On the morning that registration begins there is a large simultaneous demand for registration. If, when you first try to get to the instaReg website, you get a message telling you the system is busy, just wait a couple minutes and try again.
- Have the activity numbers of the programs you are interested in at hand, as well as your credit card. You don't need to rush through the process but do keep moving. After five minutes of inactivity on a page, the system will "time out" and you will need to log back in to continue.
- Important: Non-residents ... please read:Between 8:00 and 10:00 am on the first day of registration, you may see notes that say non-residents cannot register until the next day. Never fear... at 10:00 am on the first day a setting will be changed to allow non-residents to register. We apologize for this confusion, which is a necessary "work- around" in our system.
- After registering, remember to print your confirmation from the computer screen before logging out. The confirmation screen serves as your receipt.
- Also, when you are finished please click on the "LOGOUT" button so that a space is opened up for someone else to register.
- If all else fails, call our registration hotline, 420-5270.
We will offer telephone support for internet registration between 8 am and Noon on the first day of registration. Another option is to go to the Louden Nelson Community Center during these same hours. The computer lab will be open with staff on hand to assist you with online registration.
Read the instaReg "Help Me" page!