The Transportation and Public Works Commission shall have the ability, as vested by the City Council, and be required to:
- Act as the advisory commission to the city council for planning, design, installation and maintenance of public works;
- Review and make recommendations to the city council concerning the capital improvement program;
- Review, monitor and make long-range recommendations concerning the construction, reconstruction, operation and maintenance of public works;
- Consider the annual budget of the public works department during its preparation and make recommendations with respect thereto to the city council;
- Receive complaints pertaining to traffic and transportation patterns;
- Review, monitor and suggest recommendations for city transportation matters including, but not limited to: automotive, rail, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic within the city;
- Review additional transportation matters such as transportation system management, travel demand management and other related issues;
- Review and suggest recommendations for placement and enforcement of warning, regulatory and guide signs on city streets;
- Make recommendations to Council regarding the allocation of funds for capital expenditures related to roadway and transportation improvements; and
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be prescribed by the city council.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, and November at 7:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street, Santa Cruz, CA.
Meetings scheduled for 2014
| Jan 27* •
|| March 17 •
|| May 19 •
|| July 21 •
|| Sept 15 •
|| Nov 17
* Date moved to accommodate holidays.
The Commission consists of seven members who are appointed by the City Council.
More Information: Bylaws of the Transportation and Public Works Commission [PDF]
Principal Management Analyst
809 Center Street, Room 201
Santa Cruz, CA. 95060
Get Notified by Email
Signup to receive email notices for future Transportation and Pubilc Works Commission meetings. To get email about the TPWC meetings, go to our eNotifications page and check the Transportation and Pubilc Works Commission box.