Fires are not allowed on any City Beaches, which include Cowells Beach, Main Beach & beaches along Westcliff Drive. Fires are allowed in fire rings only at some of the following state beaches.
- Natural Bridges 423-4609
- New Brighton(bon fires allowed) 464-6330
- Seacliff 685-6442
- Twin Lakes (bon fires allowed) 427-4868
- Wilder Ranch 423-9703
- Seabright(bon fires allowed) 685-6500
BBQ's are allowed on City Beaches under the following conditions:
- Gas and charcoal grills are allowed on the beach— BUT if the lifeguard staff deems the grill to be unsafe or too large; the BBQ will need to be removed.
- Beachgoers will be cited if caught burying coals in the sand.
- Used coals (after extinguished) need to be transported off the beach.
- Coals can be taken to a dumping station located by 3rd Street and the Boardwalk.