Emma McCrary Trail, Pogonip
Volunteers can sign up through www.trailworkers.com
In addition, volunteer days held every Thursday from 9-noon.
Meeting place is the Ranger Sub-station @ 9am usually 3 hours. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers- please see this map on where to park.
Information can also be found at http://trailworkers.com/
The Parks and Recreation Department and the City of Santa Cruz express their gratitude for the thousands of hours of volunteer time the community has contributed to this project.
You can also check out this timelapse video provided by the volunteers at Bell Sports
Progress of the Trail Construction April 2013-
TIMELINE OF PROJECT:
1. April 2013 - Volunteers and staff were able to successfully move a large beam into place. Trail construction continues.
2. January 2013 Bridge planning continues, hand-cutting up to bridge approaches, and all machine work has been completed. The past storm experiences were successful tests of the drainage and trail design.
3. June 11, 2012 Parks and Recreation Department crews and volunteers have been working diligently on the construction of the new multi-use trail. The wildlife surveys have been completed which resulted in only minor delays from some nesting birds. The majority of the alignment has been cleared of brush and organic material which will allow the geotechnical consultant to evaluate the trail and make their recommendations.
4. June 12, 2012 Staff and consultants met with a CA Department of Fish and Game representative to visit the proposed bridge crossings and determine the type of information to include on the permit applications. The City’s biotic consultant will begin preparing permit applications.
5. Thursday evening trailwork will meet on Wednesday evenings only - 5:30 PM at the Pogonip Ranger Station; it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Golf Club Drive gate. If you’d like more information on this effort, please email email@example.com
6. June 27 2012 Subcommittee meeting Summary: A significant percentage of the machine work on the trail has been completed. The trail machine has been removed from the site and will be returned later in the year to complete all sections including both entrances to the trail. All trail work is currently being conducted with hand tools as staff and volunteers are smoothing out the trail, providing compaction to the trail and raking out the organic material. The City of Santa Cruz has also submitted an application for a permit to construct the creek and drainage crossings.
7. August 2012 - Next Subcommittee meeting date/time- Wednesday August 1st 2012 3:00 p.m. City Planning Department Conference Room.
Notice of Mitigated Negative Delcaration
Revised - MND/IS Figures
Parks and Recreation Commission Agenda July 12 2010
City Council Report July 27 2010
Attachment A City Council Maps
Public Meeting Annoucement September 1 2010
Updated Map September 22, 2010
Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration
1.MND -IS Responses
2. MND - IS Comments 2010 and 2011 additional comments
Pogonip Master Plan Part 1 Part 2