The Parking Deficiency Fee Reduction has been extended to June 30, 2014. New businesses, that sign a three-year minimum lease by June 30, 2014, are eligible for the 18-month incentive. For 12 months the Parking Deficiency Fee will be defered by 100% and then 50% for the next 6 months.
On July 26, 2011 the City Council directed staff to defer 20% of the Parking Deficiency Fee paid by most business downtown, for the next 12 months starting with the October 1, 2011 billing. After one year, the City will then defer 10% of the fee for another six months creating an 18-month incentive for local business.
For new businesses in the downtown area, that sign a 3 year lease, the Parking Deficiency Fee will be defered by 100% for the first year and then 50% for 6 months. The new business incentive is valid for leases signed from July 2012 through June 2013. The incentive begins from the start of the business lease.
This incentive serves to recognize our downtown merchants for their support of the Parking District services throughout the recession. Your support through Parking Deficiency Fees allows the District to provide the following critical services:
- Additional Downtown public safety resources
- More than $540,000 in improvements
- Garage lighting/safety improvements
- Garage restroom improvements
- Weekly alley maintenance, sidewalk/alley scrubber
- Downtown garbage and recycling collection
- Permit and validation programs
- Parking meters and pay stations collection and maintenance