1. Do I have all required materials to apply?
List of required materials is on each job flyer.
2. Answered supplemental questions?
Supplemental questions are listed on job flyer (not on the paper application form).
• Answer on a separate piece of paper, handwritten or typed.
• Do not answer “see resume”.
• The more detail, the better. What do you have that makes you the best candidate?
3. What happens next?
City staff screens your application, to determine if the application is complete and the minimum qualifications for the job are met.
Qualified applications are sent over to the hiring supervisor.
Hiring supervisor reviews all applications and selects top applications for interview.
4. Will I be notified?
For temporary jobs, the hiring department will only contact you if they are interested in interviewing you. No other notification will be made.
5. Can I use my DMV printout more than once?
The same DMV record may be used for multiple job postings, but it must fulfill the within 30 days criteria for each job. For other questions concerning DMV printouts, see Driving Record Printouts webpage.
6. Do you keep my application on file for future jobs?
No, a separate application is required for each job.
7. How will I know if the job is closed?
The job will disappear from the City website as soon as the job closes.