IMAGINE A VIOLENCE FREE WORLD
CPVAW Original Artwork by Randee Fox
To end sexual assault, sexual harassment, and domestic violence in the City of Santa Cruz through prevention, programs, and public policy.
To collaborate with local stakeholder partners and law enforcement to ensure best practices to respond to and prosecute violent crimes against women.
- To make ending violence against women the highest priority in the City of Santa Cruz
- To ensure collaboration with other public and private agencies to support existing programs and
support the development of new programs as needed
- To facilitate meaningful citizen participation in the work of the Commission
- To continue to work with law enforcement to develop strategies for the successful prosecution and conviction of the crimes of violence against women
Meetings and Membership:
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:45 p.m. in City Council Chambers,
809 Center Street, Santa Cruz, CA. The Commission consists of seven members who are appointed by the City Council. Agendas and minutes are available online.
Standing Committee: CPVAW Police Committee: Scheduled meetings: Wednesdays, May 15, August 21, November 20, 2012 at 5:30 pm in the Courtyard Conference Room. Agendas and minutes will be posted to this website in the near future.
Self-Defense Classes for Girls and Women
• SUMMER (revised) Self-Defense Class Schedule
Safe Place Network
• Information & Invitation
• Safe Place Network Businesses
Follow us on Facebook
• Emergency Telephone Numbers
• Safety Strategies for Battered Women and Children
• Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
• Police Department Website
• Información en Español
Números de Emergencia
El Asalto Sexual y la Violencia Doméstica
Estrategias de Seguridad Para las Mujeres Golpeadas y Para Sus Niños
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH 2012 FLYER
- ENGAGING THE BYSTANDER - Our Community Responds to Violence Against Women. October 24, 2012 from 1:30-3:30 pm. Flyer
- CALL TO ARTISTS: April 4, 2012 In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Commission, artists are invited to submit art work for a poster and other projects. Flyer
SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH APRIL 2012 Events and programs throughout the month of April in recognition of Sexual Awareness Month. Flyer attached.
Walk A Mile in Her Shoes - April 21, 2012
DENIM DAY- April 25, 2012
ENGAGING THE BYSTANDER - April 30, 2012 2:30-4:30 pm Louden Nelson Center
- Unity Day 2011 - October 3, 2011
- 30th Anniversary and Annual Public Hearing - October 5, 2011
- Take Back Our Streets - Feb. 18, 2011
- Take Back Our Streets - March 8, 2012
- Coaster Project
- Tree Dedications
- Banner Program
- 25th Anniversary of CPVAW
809 Center Street, Room 10
Santa Cruz, CA. 95060
Office Hours: By Appointment only.
Signup to receive email notices for future CPVAW meetings; go to eNotifications page and check the CPVAW box.