||The City of Santa Cruz will accept applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic on a single day- March 5, 2014. This recruitment will be used to establish a list for vacancies occurring over the next 24 month period.
Paper application form plus copies of current certification must be hand-delivered by the applicant on Wednesday March 5, 2014 between 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. to the Human Resources Office at 809 Center St., Room 6. No applications will be accepted before or after this date. No faxed, emailed, mailed or express-delivered applications will be accepted. Applications will not be accepted at any other City office.
- Application forms may be obtained from the HR Office, or filled out online and printed out http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/index.aspx?page=214
- Your application packet must include current (within 1 year) CPAT card. Please go to http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/ for schedule and registration information.
- For information regarding obtaining a DMV driving record report (3 or 10 year), please see our related webpage http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/index.aspx?page=1678
- Copies of the following certification must be attached to your application form:
__ A valid State of California Paramedic License
__ CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) – issued within one year
__ Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certificate or local agency equivalent (such as Santa Cruz County Resuscitation Course)
__ Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certificate or local agency equivalent (such as Santa Cruz County Resuscitation Course)
__ Current CPR certificate
__ Recent (within 30 days prior to submission of application) State of California DMV driving record printout
- Candidates who also attach proof of possession of the following may be ranked higher in the screening process:
__ (SFM) State Fire Marshall Firefighter I (or II) certificate
__ Hazardous Materials First Responder certification (FRO)
__ Confined Space Awareness certification
__ S-130 certification (Basic Wildland Fire)
__ S-190 certification (Basic Wildland Fire)
__ Successful completion of (any) Fire Science classes (transcript or certificate/s)
__ Experience as a member of the military
__ Former or current City of Santa Cruz employee (include in Employment History section on application form)
Links to: Job Description Application Benefits Salary
Questions? Contact Kathy Stagnaro HR Analyst email@example.com
City of Santa Cruz Human Resources Dept.
809 Center St., Room 6, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 420-5040 EOE/ADA
Tentative Testing Timeline
Written Exam Wed. 4/2
Oral, Performance and Paramedic Technical Exams Week of 4/28