Welcome to the City Water Commission’s Regularly-Scheduled July meeting.
The Water Commission will hold a Public Hearing on the Draft Environmental Impact Report (Draft EIR) for the Proposed scwd2 Regional Seawater Desalination Project begining at 7:00 p.m. It will include an open house from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.; a presentation from 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; and at 7:30 p.m. the public hearing will begin in order to receive testimony on the draft Environmental Impact Report for the propsed scwd2 Regional Seawater Desalination Project.
If time allows the Water Commission act on additional agenda items.
The Draft EIR has been available for public review and comment from May 13, 2013 through July 15, 2013. Copies of the Draft EIR can be reviewed at the following locations:
• Project website at www.scwd2desal.org
• City of Santa Cruz Water Department, 212 Locust St., Suite C, Santa Cruz, CA
• Soquel Creek Water District Office, 5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, CA
• Offices of the County Clerk of the Board and the City of Santa Cruz, City Clerk
• Local public library reference desks in the greater Santa Cruz area: Downtown Branch, Branciforte Branch, Garfield Park Branch, Live Oak Branch, Capitola Branch, Aptos Branch, La Selva Branch, Scotts Valley Branch and Porter Memorial Library
Written comments on the Draft EIR should be sent by mail or email before 5:00 p.m. on July 15, 2013 to:
Heidi Luckenbach, scwd2 Desalination Program Coordinator
City of Santa Cruz, Water Department
212 Locust Street, Suite C
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
For more information please contact Melanie Mow Schumacher at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (831) 475-8501 ext. 153. For more information about scwd2, visit the website: www.scwd2desal.org