The Water Resources Management Section is responsible for the drinking water source protection, environmental regulatory compliance, and general natural resource management work that
is an important part of the delivery of clean drinking water to our customers. Along with other responsibilities, Resource Management staff provide environmental review and compliance support for the Department; conduct biological and hydrologic surveys, including drinking water source stream gaging and anadromous fishery habitat typing/population assessments; work on the Department's Habitat Conservation Plan; manage the Department's watershed lands, develop drinking water source assessments; and perform outreach and education with drinking water source watershed stakeholders.
As of the spring of 2012, Water Resources has joined with Recreation
to become the Watershed Section of the City of Santa Cruz Water Department. While functions of each workgroup remain unchanged, plans for new collaboration and future projects are emerging currently. Stay tuned here for more news.
Winter is back. Remember, "we all live downstream". Here are some helpful links for protecting our watersheds and public health and safety during this season.
- See photos from recent San Lorenzo River and Laguna Creek lagoon fisheries surveys --»» more info
- See video from our recent inaugural paddle tour of the lower San Lorenzo River --»» more info
- Read the most recent San Lorenzo Valley and North Coast Watersheds Drinking Water Sanitary Survey --»» more info
- Final Federal Coho Recovery Plan --»» more info
- Riparian conservation efforts are being strengthened at both the County and City of Santa Cruz. --»» more info
- Learn about Karst Protection Zone Planning
- Western Pond Turtle Conservation in Santa Cruz County --»» view here
Water Resources Management Contact:
715 Graham Hill Rd.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 420-6220 (fax)
Zeke Bean - Water Resources Supervisor
Chris Berry - Watershed Compliance Manager