The purpose of the Affordable Housing Trust Fund (AHTF) is to assist in the creation and preservation of affordable housing in the City of Santa Cruz for the benefit of low- and moderate income households. AHTF Guidelines establish criteria for the distribution of AHTF funds to individuals and private or public, nonprofit or profit entities.
The types of projects eligible for consideration under the AHTF are:
- Creation of new affordable units.
- Preservation of existing affordable housing.
- Assistance with multifamily rehabilitation programs.
- Conversion of market rate units to affordable housing.
- Construction of accessory dwelling units.
- Acquisition and rehabilitation of potential limited equity cooperatives.
- First time homebuyer loans
- Predevelopment loans/grants to assist nonprofit and for profit developers with project feasibility studies, site acquisition and design studies for potential affordable housing projects.
For additional information please contact the Housing and Community Development Division by email, telephone, or fax at the numbers shown below: