Do you have a special skill you would like to share? Enjoy teaching? Parks and Recreation is now accepting class proposals for our 2014 Winter-Spring session. Classes for children, teens and adults are welcome. Subject areas include digital and social media, dance, music, fitness, beach and outdoors. Proposal forms are available at our office at 323 Church St and online. WINTER-SPRING CLASS PROPOSAL FORM. Deadline for proposals is Thursday, September 26, 2013 by 5:00 pm. More details about teaching with us are available on our FAQs page.
Why teach a class with City of Santa Cruz Parks & Recreation?
- We handle all the class registration for you.
- If you do not have a facility for your class, we will provide one — there is no rental fee and no penalty if the class doesn’t happen.
- We offer 6-7 sessions per year, therefore providing consistency if you want to teach an ongoing class.
- Advertising your class in our brochure ensures that it will reach 42,000 households within Santa Cruz, Live Oak and Scotts Valley.
- We distribute the brochure to various locations within the community. We support each Activity Guide with print, radio, TV, Facebook and Twitter.
- We send flyers through City schools promoting your classes and can help you produce your own flyers.
- Our Parks and Recreation Department is a trusted provider of classes and programs in the community offering quality, safety and value to our customers.
Contact: Call Lisa McGinnis, 831-420-5277 or fax 831-420-5271.