We are accepting class proposal applications for the 2015 Winter/Spring session now through October 3, 2014.
Do you have a special skill you would like to share? Enjoy teaching? Parks and Recreation will be accepting applications for our Winter/Spring activity guide in August. Forms and applications will be posted soon. Please read the FAQs below for more information. Current Fall Instructor Proposals are being processed and the guide will be mailed at the beginning of August. More details about teaching with us are available on our FAQs page.
Why teach a class with City of Santa Cruz Parks & Recreation?
- We handle all the class registration for you.
- If you do not have a facility for your class, we will provide one — there is no rental fee and no penalty if the class doesn’t happen.
- We offer 6-7 sessions per year, therefore providing consistency if you want to teach an ongoing class.
- Advertising your class in our brochure ensures that it will reach 42,000 households within Santa Cruz, Live Oak and Scotts Valley.
- We distribute the brochure to various locations within the community. We support each Activity Guide with print, radio, TV, Facebook and Twitter.
- We send flyers through City schools promoting your classes and can help you produce your own flyers.
- Our Parks and Recreation Department is a trusted provider of classes and programs in the community offering quality, safety and value to our customers.
Contact: Call 831-420-5277 or fax 831-420-5271.