Skip to page body Home About Us What's New City Government Departments Living Visiting Doing Business I Want To...
Adult Sports Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I get my new team into one of your leagues?
Attend the manager meeting for the sport in which you are interested to obtain
registration materials, or contact the Sports Supervisor at 831-420-5266.

2. I am an individual player looking to play on a team, what do I do?
Contact the Parks and Recreation Department Registration office to be put onto the “free agent roster” at 831-420-5270. Teams that are searching for new players will get your name and number from the list.

3. I play on a team and want to know if my game is cancelled due to bad weather, who do I contact?
Call the DeLaveaga sports field conditions hotline at 831-420-5265 press 1 after 3 p.m. Call the Harvey West sports field conditions hotline at 831-420-6192 after 3 p.m.

4. If I have a game rescheduled, where can I find the make-up dates?
Go to the Parks and Recreation website: and follow the sports prompt to your league. Check the revised schedule there.

5. What do the league fees cover?
The officials, awards, maintenance of the facilities, lights, administration time,
site supervisor, postage, ASA team registration (softball only).

6. What is the age requirement to play on an adult league team?
You must be at least 18 years old to play in all adult sports leagues.

7. I am interested in officiating in youth or adult league, who do I contact?
Contact the official’s coordinator at 831-420-5267.

8. How can I get information about existing sport leagues.
Visit, or call
831-420-5265 press 1 for softball; 2 for basketball; 3 for youth sports; and 4 for soccer.