The San Lorenzo River Committee is charged with carrying out the following functions:
- Recommending measures to implement the programs of the San Lorenzo Urban River Plan and the Lower San Lorenzo River and Lagoon Management Plan;
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the City Council on the enhancement, maintenance, and management of the San Lorenzo River and its associated waterways, Branciforte Creek and Jessie Street Marsh;
- Calling upon technical and scientific experts on a volunteer basis and at no cost to the City, as necessary, for restoration, management, and monitoring along the San Lorenzo River, Branciforte Creek, and Jessie Street Marsh; and
- Performing such advisory body functions as may be delegated from time to time by the City Council.
Meetings are held quarterly on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room, 809 Center Street, Room 10, Santa Cruz, CA.
The Commission consists of seven members who are appointed by the City Council.
Tina Shull, Council Affairs Manager
809 Center Street, Room 10
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 420-5010 FAX: (831) 420-5011
Signup to receive email notices for future San Lorenzo River Committee meetings; go to eNotifications page and check the San Lorenzo River Committee box.