Rules & Regulations
- Event to begin and end on time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor public facilities and on Cowell's and Main beaches
- Decorations subject to rules and regulations of each facility.
- Please recycle.
- Gathering wood is prohibited.
- Set up and clean up are the responsibility of the permittee (except at the Civic Auditorium).
- See application packet for specific information on the rules and regulations at the facility you are reserving.
- Reservations (and requests for bounce house and sound permits) must be made a minimum of five (5) working days in advance.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, so early reservation is recommended.
- Alcohol is permitted at the Civic Auditorium, Louden Nelson Community Center, Harvey West Club/Scout House with an approved permit and other reservable areas except beach areas. Alcohol permits are required for any alcohol consumption. ABC permits are also required for sale of alcohol.
- Sales of any kind must be approved by City Council. (Non-profit groups may submit a written request for permission for sales from the Director of Parks and Recreation.) The City requires a percentage of gross sales.
- A 5% admission tax is required for all events charging admission and/or booth fees.
- Policies regarding insurance, deposits and cancellations vary by facility. Please check the application packet for the facility you are reserving.
- Bounce Houses are allowed only at DeLaveaga and Harvey West Parks. Permits are required and limited in number. A stand-alone permit fee is $40 for the Delaveaga Park meadow; with a picnic site reservation the fee is discounted to $25 at both Delaveaga and Harvey West. Certificate of insurance is required- a preapproved bounce house company list is available whose insurance is already validated with the City of Santa Cruz.
- In compliance with City ORDINANCE #9.36.010 music MUST be turned off at 10 p.m. at the Harvey West Club/Scouthouse.
August 4, 2014, amendments to rentals at park's facilities must be made at least four (4) business days
prior to the start date of the event or be subject to a $25 administrative fee
and supervisor approval.