Banner Application1. Applications:
- Application procedures and forms for the hanging of banners are available at the Parks and Recreation Department, 323 Church Street, Santa Cruz. Or by downloading the form here: Banner Application. and Banner Location Map. Pacific Avenue Map.
- Banner applications shall be received and considered on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis and can be sent up to one (1) year in advance.
- Parks and Recreation may withdraw approval of an application if, upon receipt of the banners, they are found not to comply with content, design and/or construction requirements as defined in this policy.
2. Waiver of Liability:
a. All applicants must sign and submit a liability waiver form acknowledging that the City of Santa Cruz is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged banners after they are hung.
3. Placement and Removal:
The Parks and Recreation Department shall determine the best method for the placement and removal of banners, either through City staff or outside vendors, and shall establish procedures and fees to support the related costs.
1. A request to install banners on City-owned utility poles must be made on “Banner Program Application” forms available at the Parks and Recreation Department, 323 Church Street, and must be submitted no less than four full weeks prior to the requested installation date. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible as availability may be limited.
2. The Banner Program Application must include a drawing, graphic, or photo of the proposed banner that includes all proposed wording and details the banner design and construction, as required by this policy.
3. Upon receipt of a Banner Program Application, Parks and Recreation Department staff shall verify that the proposed banner complies with all requirements of this policy.
4. If approved, Parks and Recreation Department staff shall sign the approval portion of the application, and distribute three (3) copies as follows:
- one copy in the Parks and Recreation Department Banner Program files,
- one copy mailed to the applicant, and
- one copy faxed to the installer.
5. If the Banner Program Application is not approved, Parks and Recreation Department staff shall phone or email the applicant to explain why.
6. Once approval has been given, Parks and Recreation Department staff will email or fax an invoice to the Applicant for the required fees. The reservation of the approved banner spaces shall not be considered confirmed until full payment is received.
7. Completed banners must be delivered to the Park Shop in Harvey West Park, 300 Evergreen Street, no less than one (1) week prior to the approved installation date.
8. Deviation from the approved banner design and specification is cause for the City to either refuse to install or to remove any banner.
9. Banners shall be removed on the approved removal date or as soon as possible thereafter. If banners remain up longer due to City staff or vendor scheduling, the Applicant will owe no additional fees. Removed banners will either be held in the Park Shop in Harvey West Park for pick-up by the Applicant or stored by the banner vendor, as pre-arranged by the Applicant. If removed to the Park Shop, banners must be picked up by the Applicant within one week of telephone notification of their removal date.