Jason Hajduk, Fire Chief
230 Walnut Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Fire Admin Email
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Call 911 for all Emergencies
Fire Department Office Closure Updates
Limited Public Counter Hours
- Public Counter Hours (face covering required) - Monday & Wednesday 9-12
- Phone & Email Counter Hours - Monday – Thursday 8-12 & 1-4
Although we are resuming limited counter hours, at this point we are not resuming in-person appointments. We ask you continue to contact us by phone or email.
- Contact Fire Prevention for questions regarding permitting, inspections, phone or virtual consults. Plan submittal process.
- Digital plans are being required for review. For more information please review our plan submittal process.
- Inspections are being conducted following the Santa Cruz County Health Officer Order: Appendix B: Construction Site Requirements.
Reporting a fire hazard - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your concern. Please include specific details and address of fire hazard.
Requesting an Incident Report - Please complete incident request form completely and follow instructions.
Request for Public Information - Email email@example.com with your request.
Adoption of the 2019 Edition of the California Fire Code and Fire Code Standards
Is your property within the Wildland Urban Interface Fire Area?
Click here to find out
Are you prepared?
Prepare your Family
Household Safety Plan
Evacuation Plan Checklist
Basic Emergency Supply Kit
Know at Least Two Escape Routes
Learn more about being a Firewise Community
The Firewise USA Website of the NFPA provides Wildfire
Risk Reduction Steps to make your home safer during a wildfire.
The CodeRED notification system sends important messages to residents and businesses within Santa Cruz & San Benito Counties in the event of emergency situations or critical community alert. Click image to include your cellular or VOIP phone in the Emergency Notification system used by Santa Cruz Regional 9-1-1 personnel.
NOTE: If you are having issues enrolling your contact information into CodeRED, try using a different web browser. For more info on CodeRED alerts, visit Santa Cruz Regional 911 website at www.scr911.org.
View Fire Dispatch for current calls